Tuesday, August 08, 2006


Welcome to NephSpouse!

I have been an avid blog reader for some time now, and it's time to take the plunge and give something back.

I am a stay at home dad with 2 young children (one of each kind) and am married to a nephrologist Back in the days before my daughter was born I was a computer programmer living the good life of working at home and taking what contracts were interesting to me. Somehow this led me to believe that I could take care of babies and still get some work done... Boy was that wrong!

Thats an overstatement, I do get some work done, but the long nights of sitting with my powerbook in Barnes & Noble until they kick me out are definitely over, and working until 3am and then sleeping till noon is also just a happy memory.

But I persevere and some days I actually get a little work done between playing with the kids and the other errands and job lists necessary for the person in charge of making sure the fridge doesn't empty. Now I'll be spending a small portion of those precious moments sharing stories of stay-at-home fatherhood, doctor spouse-hood, computer programmer-hood and home owner DIY repair guy hood as well...

1 Comments:

Blogger bradford said...

I haven't added a blog to my profile about being a single dad of a boy & a girl yet but do think about that too. Blogging has given me the feeling that I am composting a social climate for my childrens' future and the response-ability is fun too.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home